Lost I.D.

Many people lost their I.D. when they lost their homes. Please use this resource to help you get your identifications replaced.

The Alberta government set up an “Emergency updates” page for the residents of Fort McMurray. The webpage contains contact information for various programs that may be of interest. A general hotline is also available:

  • Toll-free in Alberta: 310-4455
  • Out of province: 780-427-2711

See below for links and phone numbers to federal and provincial ministries responsible for the documents cited in the request:


Call the Passport Program at 1-800-567-6868 to report the circumstances of the loss or theft.”

“Q25. If my card is lost or stolen, what can I do?

First Nation individuals can apply for a new SCIS, by mail or at the nearest AANDC Regional and District office or designated First Nation band offices.”

The  Alberta Region Regional Offices are:

AANDC Alberta Region Head Office
630 Canada Place
9700 Jasper Avenue
Phone: (780) 495-2773
Fax: (780) 495-4088 
AANDC Southern Alberta Field Services Office
Suite 300
9911 Chiila Boulevard
Phone: (403) 292-5901
Fax: (403) 292-6903 


“Albertans can request a replacement card by telephone, in writing or in person. You must provide your:

  • Full name;
  • Mailing Address;
  • Telephone Number;
  • Personal Health Care Number;
  • Date of Birth

Please contact AHCIP for more information:

780-427-1432 (Edmonton) Monday–Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed statutory holidays.
Toll-free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 then 780-427-1432.


  • Driver’s License and Birth Certificate

Please contact the Registry Services for more details on how to obtain a new driver’s license and birth certificate:

Toll-free (from Alberta): 310-0000 followed by 780-427-7013